09 July 2010

Bit by Bit


Life is about letting go...

Letting go of expectations
Letting go of doubt
Letting go of the hurts
Letting go of feeling foolish
Letting go of being perfect
Letting go of hating my body
Letting go of the lies
Letting go of the pretending
Letting go of bad habits
Letting go of those things that only bring pain
Letting go of the past
Letting go of the needs
Letting go of the fear of failure
Letting go of the need to control the outcome
Letting go of the unknown
Letting go of the fear
Letting go of the pain
Letting go of ... everything

If I'm ever going to be able to spread my wings and truly fly, I need to let go of the things that continue to hold me down. It continues to baffle me as to why letting go of things that do me no good at all is so very difficult. You would think - I would think - that ridding myself of the yucky stuff would be easy, after all the freedom and joy that await me on the other side are my hearts true desire, but holding onto those things is what I've always done and what I know best.

But the letting go must be done because I want to live and I have so many things I want to do and to be and to have in my life. So bit by bit my grip is loosening and my need to hang on less intense and that's a very good thing.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

Beetje bij beetje...stap voor stap...met tranen in mijn ogen.