03 August 2010

Precious privilege

When you arise in the morning
think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive -
to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.
~Marcus Aurelius~

This is a photo from a recent weekend morning as my weekday mornings are once again started under a layer of darkness. Rising at 5:00am each day generally includes dark skies but for a few short weeks in the middle of the summer - on either side of the summer solstice - I get to rise with the sun and have the brightness of day start when I do.

I am trying to have the words above run through my mind each morning as I stumble out of
bed towards my morning shower. It's a new way of thinking which means that saying the
words each day is more than just a new habit to create, it is a new thought process to embrace.

But I'm determined to change the way that I see the world around me and in turn the "me" within that world and this small act of honoring the life before me at the break of day is a
baby step in the direction of my dreams.

1 comment:

Ginnie Hart said...

You're becoming an adult before our very eyes. :)