20 September 2010

Dreams

Trust in yourself and let your dreams go free, only then will they learn to fly.

~Harmony Lenasbunt~


I’ve been thinking about dreams lately, not sleeping dreams but life dreams. Ana and I have been talking about her dreams for her future and seeing the magnificent potential in each and every one. Encouraging her to trust herself and the Universe, to believe in her own power and ability to accomplish whatever she puts her mind to. I love sharing this part of her, knowing that all her dreams can come to fruition as she wants them too. It’s a blessing to witness the growth of her very wise soul into this lifetime. She is a joy to behold!


During our most recent discussion on this topic Ana asked me what my dreams were and after a momentary pause I had to reply that I didn’t have any – quite the wake-up call.


Upon further reflection I realized that I stopped dreaming a few years back when all of my dreams at that time were shattered into a million pieces none of which I could put back together again. I had to admit that I had stopped dreaming as a method to keep my heart safe, to protect myself from the pain of potentially losing them again. And while I know that this type of thinking does nothing but hurt my heart in the long run, it is where I have been for awhile now.


Even with my wish to spread my wings and fly into the woman that I can be – that I truly am – I have not allowed myself to put “destinations for landing” into words let alone into a dream of what may be. Oh, I have ideas and have even voiced a few of them, but actually allowing myself to believe in them, to dream for them is an entirely different matter. It’s very scary for me – it’s that fear thing again but in an area that I had not realized until now.


My wisest of daughters suggested that I start with something fairly small, something that really wouldn’t involve much of my heart and work back into dreaming from there. She suggested my desire to live in a truly urban loft one day. So that’s where I’m beginning the process of choosing to trust in my future again, and more importantly, trust in my ability to create that future as I dream it can be.


Wish me love and trust … and dreams.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

hmm. very interesting. I don't think I have any dreams.. at least not for myself. I have hopes for my children, proud of my husband, I have my interests... but do I have a dream - I think I'm too busy. But maybe that isn't right... Maybe living my life NOW is a part of the realization of my original dream. But it is probably important to keep growing... which probably means fostering new dreams. Thanks for today's post.

Ginnie Hart said...

Dreams. Hmmmm. I wonder if we are always meant to have them or if there are times when once a dream has materialized we have dreamlessness for awhile? You've got me thinking! HA! My guess is that whenever we are restless, we MUST have dreams, lest we perish into oblivion or black holes of despair. My dreams right now seem to be more about/for others, like Astrid, Amy, Mark...and you! My dreams for myself seem fulfilled. Is that possible???

By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new template. I turn my head for one minute and BOOM. It's one of the best blogspot templates I've seen. I'm serious. I am tempted to steal it from you...or some variation thereof. :)